Saturday, November 17, 2012

Salt Lake City Day 5 and 6


I did not have anything to see in the morning. Just attended David's (James' friend from UNCS) talk. Then we (James, David, Arash, and me) headed out for lunch at a mall. After that James had to go talk to someone at the exhibit. I also wanted to attend NVIDIA's show about CUDA 5 and Kepler's new features. David was also interested in NVIDIA as well. I did not know where Arash went because he splited from us when we went to Rite Aid (James needed a toothbrush).

NVIDIA's new technologies were so interested that kept me engaged for the whole hour. (I had not focused on something that long for a long time.) The galaxies colliding simulation was awesome!


After the show, David and I did not know where to go because the exhibit was closing. Everyone was packing up. Then we decided to attended some talks that we were not even interested although we ended up hanging outside the room, checking email and whatever. But my computer could not get the connection again. Moreover, it could not even see any hotspot. I thought the hardware was broken, or it was the driver issue. So David let me use his tablet to check email.

At the end of the day, Franc Mueller (These guys' advisor) invited his students to have beers. James invited me as well. We went to Squatter's pub again. I did not call my hotel's shutter tonight because I wanted to walk. And it was not too far to walk as well.

The next day was the last day in Salt Lake City. I packed up and checked out at 11am. Then headed to the airport. James showed up at the airport about an hour later. So we had lunch together, talked a little bit. Then splited because I had to get on board.




No comments:

Post a Comment