Friday, November 16, 2012

Salt Lake City Day 4

Today's highlight was Student Job Fair. I was there, talking to people from many national laboratories, like Firmilab, Sandia, LLNL, etc. I told them about my research in GPU cluster resiliency and performance modeling. They seemed to be interested and asked for sample papers, or apply for postdoc/research positions. They seemed to be impressed my resume as well.

I also had an opportunity to talk to a guy from Argonne National Lab and followed up my postdoc application. The only thing I can do now is waiting for the final decision. And I am waiting for a "Yes".

In the evening I met Dr. Putchong at the exhibit. We had a chitchat about academic situation in Thailand. It was good to know those politic things.

I did not have an issue with my shuttle today because I called them to pick me up around 6:30 which was way ahead of their leaving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment