Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Salt Lake City Day 2


It should be day 1, but since I got some rest, about 3 hours, I would consider it Day 2.

The technical program had not started yet. So I did not have access to any available sessions. Still I hung around the convention center, figured out which talk I would attend until an alarm burst out. Everyone in the convention center slowly evacuated from the building. Most of us were just confused and wondered what was going on. I met James and Clayton during that time. So we went out for lunch afterwards.

I went back to the convention center, tried to check email, but could not get access. The signal was strong but for some reasons, I could not go anywhere. Then I thought that there was no point to be there anymore. So I came back to the hotel and took a nap for an hour, and went to an art building which was right next to the convention center to attend NVIDIA's talk about new technology, K20.

Then I hung around with James at the Opening Gala event. Clayton did not join us. He had been invited to somewhere else. We did not hunt for free stuff like the very first times we had come to SC.

After the gala, I tried to call the hotel's front desk to ask for a shuttle bus back to the hotel. I had waited for so long before a lady and the front desk finally picked up. Also when I reached the hotel, the internet did not work. I still could not check my email. And those were the second and third unimpressions about this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment