Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Salt Lake City Day 3


The internet in the hotel was still not working in the morning. Anyway I had to go to the convention center early to attend the Keynote. The speaker was a famous theory physicist, Dr. Michio Kaku. He had appeared on many medias including news, documentaries, etc. The talk was, of course, very good!

The internet at the conference was also lame. I could not get the connection until sometime later in the afternoon, and lost it quickly afterwards.

I attended poster sessions in the evening. Most of the works were about exascale (huge dataset). I did not pay much attention on the posters. James and I were there to wait for his adviser, Dr. Frank Mueller and his group. We went out for dinner together.

At 10pm, we (James, his two friends, and me) walked back to Shilo hotel where James stayed. I called my hotel asking for a shuttle, but the lady at the front desk said that no more shuttle going to the convention center anymore because the driver had to go pick up people at many places and by that time it would be the time she left her duty. So James talked to her and argued with her on the phone, but there was no use. Good thing was a guy at the front desk at Shilo hotel offered me a ride since James was a guest at the hotel. I ended up paying him $10 for it. That Econo Lodge's shuttle and front desk did it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment