Friday, April 01, 2011

UK Day 2: At UH and an Expensive Experice

Today was the first day at University of Hertfordshire (UH). Everything had been fine since I left the house. My host family walked me to the bus stop. I took the bus at 8:30, reached the town center (downtown) of Hemel Hemstead around 9:00 and took Uno Bus there at 9:13, reached UH at 9:45. Actually, it was not far, about 30 minutes drive. However, the bus made many stops, then it took so long.

I met with Bodo, Alex, and their students. They were very nice. I talked to Bodo about the idea of what I am going to do while we were having lunch. Everything was fine until I managed to go back home at 4:00 and took the wrong bus (as usually - -' ).

I was supposed to take Uno 634, but I took 635 which took me far to the north and ended up at Hitchin (UH is in Hatfield). Below is the map.


View Larger Map

The bus driver was so kind. He tried to find the way back for me, but it was too complicated and I would get home late. So I decided to take a taxi which costed GBP 46.90 (according to the meter).

At least I could get home save and sound. I promised I will not take the wrong bus again.


No comments:

Post a Comment