Thursday, March 31, 2011

UK Day 1: Got Lost and Lost

I just arrived to the UK. My host family picked me up at the airport. There was some misunderstanding about the flight. However, everything is okay now. I am at the host family's house.

At Dallas, I got lost, as usual. I have one hour to walk gate B37, catch the train and get to another gate D15. It would have been plenty of time if I have not got lost. First, I did not know where to catch the train. Second, I got off at the wrong stop. By the time I was at the gate, there was only 15 minutes left.

The flight from Dallas arrived about 45 minutes earlier than the schedule. I am not sure if it was because if this, it had to fly in circle for 3 times before landing. Still, it was 30 minutes earlier anyway. However, the immigration was so crowded. So, we can say it was on time. =)

After arriving at Heathrow airport, I could not find my host family at first. I think it was because the flight schedule was massed up. Then I managed to call my host family, but I could not understand what he said. (I do not know why.) So I asked a staff around there. He was so kind. He used his cell phone to call my host family and talked to him for me. Finally Fernando and Liliana (his pretty little daughter) could find me. Thanks to that staff and sorry I did not ask your name.

In the afternoon after I unpacked my stuff, I went shopping at Tesco Express near the house. I did not get lost on the way there, but got lost on the way back. (Supada always gets lost, wherever she goes.) I was in the neighborhood, but could not find the house. Fortunately, there was two polices (I guess) walked by. So I asked them the house number. They kindly showed me, and by that time I realized that I was so stupid since I just passed a block before.


No comments:

Post a Comment