Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Day 103...Open Source on Mac

I have nothing to write about these days. Everything is the same except I've got a new MacBook and I'm trying to get used to it. Since I've used FreeBSD before, I prefer open source. This is the list of software that I'm using.

Firefox - This is a good and fast web browser with the smart location bar. You can type just a part of the addresses that you've visited and it will search for you.

Adium - or Pidgin (Gaim) on other platforms. It is a very good instant messaging application. It can support many services, like MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, etc., with good-looking interface.

Skype - I use the video call feature to communicate with my family and my friends in Thailand.

VLC - It's a cool media player because it can support various audio and video formats, DVD, and streaming.

Texmaker - This LaTeX editor has been recommended by Gapy. I've never used it but I've installed it already. :)

MacTex - LaTeX for Mac. Again, it has been recommended by Gapy.

iStat Pro - A widget for monitoring you system on MacBook, recommended by Aig. I've just installed it.

VirtualBox - A virtual machine, also recommended by Aig.

MS Word to Latex, Latex to Word, MathType to Equation Converter - It makes my life easier.

Update 12/1/2009
Fink - For install Unix software on Mac.

Converters - TeX on Mac OS X wiki - Softwares for converting to and from LaTeX.


No comments:

Post a Comment