Monday, May 15, 2006

Thai Windows XP's files on FreeBSD

I have installed FreeBSD 6.1 and Windows XP in the same harddrive and I tried to mount the drive that Windows is installed. But there was a problem with the files that named with Thai.

So I have got some suggestion from my friend, Gapy. He told me to use "thailocale" package. Therefore, I can mount the drive by this command

#mount_msdosfs -L th_TH.TIS-620 /dev/ad0sX /mnt/XXXX

But it still had a little problem. The drive could not be mounted without exporting path from "/usr/local/share/locale/", Then I have got another suggestion from this webboard. Khun j_piriya suggested that I should create a new file in "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/", such as "mount_window.sh" and then add these line in the file

#!/bin/sh
export PATH_LOCALE=/usr/local/share/locale/
mount_msdosfs -L th_TH.TIS-620 /dev/ad0sX /mnt/XXXX

Then change the file to be executable.

Thank you very much, Gapy and Khun j_piriya ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
    »

    ReplyDelete