Saturday, May 13, 2006

Thai Language in GNOME 2.12

I use FreeBSD with GNOME desktop environment. Yesterday I tried to install FreeBSD 6.1 and also GNOME 2.12. But I found the problem about switching between English and Thai languages. I could not find the "Keyboard Layouts Switcher".

Now I know that I can be set with Xorg configuration. After choosing keyboard type and layout it will ask "Do you want to select additional XKB options (group switcher, group indicator, etc.)?" Answer "y" to select the key for changing group of language.

Then login to GNOME desktop and add "Keyboard Indicator" to panel. In "Layouts" tab, add Thailand.

Thank you Gapy for suggestion.
But now I have a new problem... I cannot read files that named with Thai :(

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    ReplyDelete