Friday, April 12, 2013

LA-SiGMA Technical Conference

It was held in Baton Rouge again. I did not pay attention to the conference that much even though I had to give a talk.

We went there on Tuesday by a minibus. Dr. Bishop was the driver. So he took a detour a little bit to the Grand Village of the Natchez Indians in Mississippi and had lunch at Roux 61.

We reached the hotel in Baton Rouge around 4:30. The poster session started at 5. We walked around, had some snacks for a while before leaving for the State Capitol Park. My adviser, Dr. Box, wanted to photograph some birds there. I also enjoyed wildlife there.

The next day I had to give a talk at 8:15. I felt a little bit nervous but everything went fine. We spend out morning at the meeting and went to Atchafalaya National Wildlife Refuge after lunch. It was fun looking for some rare birds like ibis and other species that I had never heard of. We saw 3-4 gators as well but they were not harmful. They just sat still, though seemed to be aware of us.

I also took some pictures. They were not good because I had to keep my distance from those animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment