Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 422... Two Parties

There was a party at Wei and Lee's apartment last Friday. P Noon and I got there around 6 PM. P Noon had prepared some fried eggs with Thai style source. There were couple of egg menus on the table. Moreover, there were some chicken, vegetables, etc.

After eating we played games and talked. The game that I played was a sort of gambling. (Just for fun, no money.) Let's see the pictures



And yesterday, I was in another party since James had invited me to explore Louisiana. It was James' grandmother's birthday party. The place (Sea and Sirloin) was in the middle of nowhere. We got lost because James took the wrong turn. Instead of heading to the south, we went to the north. He realized it when we almost hit I-20 which could lead us back to Ruston in 20 minutes. Then he turned back. We left home around 3:45 and reached the restaurant around 5:20. It was fun though since he talked all the way and told me many things about country lives, red necks, nature of LA and the U.S.

James told me that there were three stages in the party like this, (just for his family) eat, talk and say goodbye at the parking lot. We exactly followed those stages. It reminded me the birthday parties of my grandparents back in Bangkok. They are almost the same but the food and languages. His family was so nice.



From that day, I have realized that Ruston is not too small. It is just small but it is not in the middle of nowhere. Some places, like Friendship, Lucky and Campti (the names of cities) are much smaller. They are so small that I wonder how the people there can live.


No comments:

Post a Comment