Friday, May 09, 2008

Day 42...TOEFL in Monroe

Today P Ja and I took TOEFL test together in Monroe (the city I left the flight when I came here). We got up at 5:30 AM. The taxi reached our apartment at 6:30...earlier than the time we had told him. The driver drove at 60 mph...slower than the speed limit. However we could reach the test center before report time 30 mins. So we walked around the campus (University of LA, Monroe).

After the test, we went to Bao Bao, the Asian food market (but belongs to Vietnamese). There are many Thai ingredients, like many flavor of MAMA, can curry, palm sugar, etc. We had made an appointment with Song, P Gan, P Noon to pick us up there.

Then they took us to a place like department store. But I cannot remember the name. We walked around, got into many brand name stores. But I bought nothing. Why do I have to buy since I have enough?

We went to another grocery because the guys wanted to find some ingredients for Pad Thai tonight. P Ja and I spent a lot on frozen meat. We need food for at least one week. My friends also do like this.

Tonight we had Pad Thai and shrimp omelet at P Gan and Song's apartment. P Noon cooked Pad Thai. It was OK...nearly the original. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment